COMPLAINTS AND APPEALS
City West Housing aims to provide you with quality housing services and we value your feedback. If you have a question or concern about the quality of our service please let us know so we can try to resolve the issue.
If you are unhappy or dissatisfied with the service you receive from City West Housing at any time you have the option to lodge a complaint or an appeal. All complaints and appeals must be made in writing.
TO MAKE A COMPLAINT OR AN APPEAL PLEASE FILL OUT FORM BELOW OR CALL US ON (02) 8584 7500.
The processes for managing complaints and appeals are slightly different.
An appeal is a request to have a decision reviewed. The review will address the merits of the decision within the policy framework of the organisation and take into account procedural fairness and the circumstances of each case. Examples of decisions that can be appealed:
· Eligibility for housing
· Withdrawal from the Housing Register
· Property type and bedroom entitlement
· Eligibility for transfer
· Suitability of an offer of housing
· Level of rent subsidy
· Permission to undertake modifications or alterations
· Permission to keep an animal
· Rental subsidy assessments
· Cancellation of a rental subsidy
· Former tenant charges
· Water charges
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON APPEALS CLICK HERE
A complaint is where a tenant or applicant is dissatisfied with the service they have received from CWH and want us to respond or take action. Examples of complaints include:
· Poor service
· Change or withdrawal of service
· Customer cannot contact a CWH staff member or a CWH
staff member is not returning calls
· Repairs not completed within time frames
· The organisation has not followed its documented policies and procedures
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON COMPLAINTS CLICK HERE